Hello my beautiful readers!
Today we are going to delve into the wonderful world of fashion and some of the big trends that are here for spring and summer! I currently work in the retail fashion industry as a stylist for the store I work for and have been able to pick up first hand what some of the hot trends of the season are and I wanted to share them with you and also give some tips on how to style them for every day wear!
These trends are fun and flirty and perfect for the warmer weather and are perfect to pair with items that you already own in your current wardrobe.
The first trend I want to talk about is probably my favorite!
Tie dye is BACK and better than ever and my 90's girl heart is squealing with glee.
This trend is fun and cute and can be utilized in many ways. By simply adding a few statement tie dye pieces to your wardrobe you can bring any outfit to life.
- Find your favorite pair of jeans or shorts and pair it with a cute tie dye tank and some birkenstocks (yes, those are back too!) and you have a comfy outfit that looks effortless and adds some fun to an otherwise normal day to day look.
- You can also incorporate the tie dye with some beautiful tie dye soft pants and a plain top
- or even wear a tie dye dress or romper and dress it up with a belt, accessories, and floppy hat.
The second trend I want to talk about is more about statement and I think it is something that will be a bold but beautiful fashion statement.
Bold Prints and Bright Patterns
One of the best things about each season to me is the additives of fun bold prints and this spring and summer are no exception!
Again, my 90's fashion heart is a BIG fan of this trend for the season and honestly, who doesn't want to live outside of the box every once and while right?
This is definitely a fun way to add some spice to your wardrobe! It doesn't have to be as out there as some patterns and colors are but simply adding some fun colors and patterns/prints to your wardrobe will liven everything up.
Great outfit ideas can be found with any pattern and print and it can even be something as fun as a fun shoe pattern to spice it up.
- Every good outfit can use floral patterns, that is a forever spring staple pattern that you can utilize in new ways such as adding it to your outfit with your shoes. One of my favorite ways to incorporate fun patterns and colors is by my shoes! It just gives a fun pop to an outfit!
- Boho is another huge trend of 2016 and boho tops with a fun pattern are something you can put into your wardrobe this season as a staple piece!
- Just picking a fun color palate on a classic favorite like stripes can add that hint of interest to your outfit.
With this trend you can choose to go big or take baby steps, either way it is a fun way to add some interest and brightness to your outfits!
The last trend I want to talk about is something that has emerged as a staple trend over the last year and it is something that I have found myself gravitating towards this spring
Denim on Denim
Now, I'm not talking Britney and Justin circa 2001 VMAs, I'm talking styling chambray shirts with your favorite denim. It can be playing with different colored denim and even patterns!
- One of my favorite ways to style this look is by utilizing a slightly western chambray top with a pair of your favorite skinny jeans or jeggings!
- Another way to incorporate the denim on denim trend is by grabbing patterned chambray tops and pairing them with your favorite pair of colored denim jeans!
- Another variation of the above outfit is pairing a plain chambray shirt with a pair of pastel colored jeans (one of my personal favorites!)
These are just a few of my favorite trends of spring and summer 2016 and a few of my favorite different ways to incorporate and style them into your wardrobe! I hope you have grabbed some amazing style and outfit inspiration from this and if you try one of these styles please tag me on twitter (@thejesslauren) or instagram (@thejesslauren90) so I can see you rocking this seasons trends!