Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

2015- The best year yet

A new planner and a new fresh start to another year. This can mean so many things to many different people but to me it means a new year to set goals and dream big. I have never been one to hate January or the beginning of any new year because to me it hold so much promise of the next 364 days ahead of you. So what will you do with that time?

I will tell you a few of the goals and dreams I am planning on accomplishing this year.

The first one is the graduate with my masters degree in May. This is something I never would have dreamed I would be doing at this time in my life. If you had asked me three years ago if I was planning on going to graduate school my answer would have been no. However, I am so glad that God has led me down this path because I have learned so much about who I am and how to handle various life situations through this almost two years within this program. I have met people I never would have and have been able to feed off of their positive working energy and have been able to push myself to become more of the person I ultimately wanted to be.

The second goal I have is to audition for a Broadway show. Whether it be a traveling tour or in some other part of the world it has been a dream of mine for years to be able to say I gave my biggest dream a shot. I love to perform and sing and be on the stage so it comes as no surprise to the people who know me best. I just feel like if I don't give this a shot then I will never be able to be truly happy with myself by saying I gave it my best.

The last big goal I have for this year is to put myself first. This may seem like something easy and something that many people probably already do, but for me I never put my needs first. I always try and give everything I can to those around me whether it be friends, family, or co-workers so I know that in 2015 I will focus more on giving to myself. This includes overcoming my laziness with my weight loss goals. After losing 90 pounds you get a little complacent and I have done that over the last month with the holidays and birthdays and everything in between. I promise to myself to focus on me and become the best me I can be and that includes being happy with my physical self as well as my mental.

What are some goals you are hoping to achieve this year? What plans have you set into motion for 2015?

I believe that 2015 can and will be my best year yet and I know you can do that too!

xoxo Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment