Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

It's the little things

So I have had the worst few weeks due to stress of life and just me letting those little things get me down. It is amazing how easy it is for us to go down that deep hole of 'woe is me' and 'I'm never going to get out of this situation', etc. I have had about a two week long pity party for myself in this regard because it has just seemed that everything that could go wrong has. I won't go into detail about it but just know that if you are having one of those times, it happens to everyone.

I feel like a lot of people have moments like this and when you are in that particular moment you feel as if you are the only one in the world to be having these issues and to be suffering along while the rest of the world is seemingly care free. It happens to the best of us, me included.

There are some things in these times however that stand out to me. Little things that happen that seem to make the bad that is going on seem less bad. That is what I want to share with you all. My little things of happiness that sometimes get forgotten but when I need them most, on a bad day/week, they seem to appear out of nowhere.

The first thing is something that probably sounds silly but to me, it is something I love. Stationary. I LOVE stationary. I say this because I love going to TJ Maxx and buying the cute sets of cards for super cheap. The reason I love doing this is because I love writing encouraging letters to other people. I feel like when I am sad this helps me feel better the most. When I sit down and can tell someone just how special they are to me, or can write to them and just give them a little note to say thank you, or to say I love you, it always brightens my mood too. I have so many different kinds of little cards and being able to give those to someone who may also be having one of those horribly bad days or weeks makes me feel better. I am a firm believer that you get back what you put out in the world and I always want to try and put out positive thoughts and actions. Those little cards give me hope when I am in a dark hole of self pity because they make me realize that I may not be the only one silently going through a tough time.

The second thing is receiving little cards. Recently I have been receiving little 'happys' as my friends and I like to call them and they seem to come at just the right time. They are just like the ones I often like to write and sometimes just have a few encouraging words, or have a simple ' just want you to know I love you.' I believe that I have surrounded myself with people who are a lot like me and who care for others just as much as I do so being able to also receive these little cards of encouragement or reminders of care it really brightens my day and makes me realize that I have a lot of people in my life who care for me the way I care for them.

These little things may seem silly or insignificant but trust me, they are little happy mood boosters. I encourage you if you have any little cards laying around the house to think of someone who may have not had a good day or who seems to be a little down and write them a little 'happy' to give to them. It is amazing how such a small act of kindness can make the biggest impact. I feel that these little things throughout life, whether it be a little card, or a hug, or just a text saying 'just want you to know how special you are to me' can change even the saddest/sour mood into a smile.

I know I am going to try to be more aware of those around me now that I have been having such a tough time because I want to make sure that if someone else is too that they see they are not alone and that they have someone who values them in their life.

What is a little thing that brightens your day or makes you happy when you are sad? I would love to hear from you!

xoxo Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment