Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

How to rock Valentine's day when you're single

Hello lovely readers!

I know it has been a few months since my last post but I was suffering some major writers block! BUT I'm back now in 2016 and this year is the year for some amazing new content and posts on this page! So, let's get this party started!

So, for me, I don't think I have ever had a boyfriend/significant other for ANY Valentines Day but I can remember having some of the best times on V-Day without the need for that other person and I want to share with you a few different things to try this V-Day if you are someone who is #single.

I think that as someone who is single I am not looking around thinking "Woe is me I don't have someone and therefore I can't celebrate this day made for love" I'm thinking "This is a great day to give myself some self love and appreciation" so that is my mindset for every Valentine's Day!

I have a few great ideas for having some fun and showing yourself the love on a day where love is literally in the air (thanks to every retailer out there).

First, posse up all of your other single friends and have a "friend date night." You can choose to get glam and go out somewhere for this or have a cosy night in. Honestly some years I'm game for either it just depends on my mood!

If you want to get glam make sure you guys decide a week or so beforehand where you want to go so that you can reserve a table bc obviously you wanna be #fancy and also every other person in a relationship will most likely be dining out on V-Day too. Decide on an aesthetic, such as sparkle or think pink that way you all coordinate and look like a fierce group of hotties and go out and have some fun!

If you want to have a chill night in then decide who's place is going to get overtaken by the #singlearmy and group chat about who is going to bring what (drinks, drizzanks, pizza, chips, chocolate, etc). Then decide whether you want to have mushy romantic movies to watch or you want to watch the latest Zac Efron film and have a night that will remind you of those awesome sleepovers you used to have with your babes in middle school!

Another great idea if you don't want to posse up would be to have a #partyofone. You can choose to spend the day/night treating yourself right because, if you don't then who will amiright?

Have a pamper night (see one of my previous posts about how to have the best pamper EVER cc: my post on de-stressing/relaxing) and just spend the night taking a relaxing bath, splurge on a really nice bath oil or bath bomb and go to town! Get an amazing exfoliating scrub and then moisturize and feel amazing. Pop on a face masque of your choice and pop some popcorn and watch whatever movies you want or cozy up with your favorite book (A review of a few of my fav books). Pick something that will relax you and make you super happy and feel appreciated #selflove.

Whether you choose to go it solo or get your girls involved I hope that you remember the wise words of Ru Paul "If you can't love yourself how in the hell are you gonna love someone else! Can I get an AMEN!"

Let me know what your plans are for V-day by tweeting me (@thejesslauren) or leaving a comment below!

xoxo Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment