Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

The Get To Know Me Tag



This week I am doing the get to know me tag! Since I have gained some new readers I figured this would be a good way for you all to get to know who I am!

1. Are you named after anyone?

 I'm not, my parents just liked the name Jessica however they did once want to name me Jennifer Nicole but my aunts and uncles had children before my parents and one of them named their child Jennifer while the other gave their daughter the middle name Nicole so they had to decide on other names they wanted to choose!


2. When was the last time you cried? 

I cry a lot actually. I am a very emotional person, I can see those dog commercials where they play sad music and cry. The last time I cried though I think I was watching Fuller House and *spoiler to the plot if you haven't seen the first episode* DJ was talking about her husband who had passed away and it made me cry.


3. Do you have kids?

No, I do not have any children of my own yet but I hope to have kids one day. I am happy to say that a few of my very close friends have children or are going to have children soon so I have plenty of babies to love on!


4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?

I would like to think I would because we would both like the same things and have the same personality but I can be shy sometimes so if I were to meet myself in a bigger social setting I might not befriend myself right away because of that.


5. Do you use sarcasm a lot? 

I love that this is a question! I do use sarcasm quite frequently and more so with people who I am closer with. I usually gauge the situation I am in and if it is a more professional or work setting I try and subdue my sarcastic comments and keep them to myself.


6. Will you ever bungee-jump? 

Definitely NOT! One of my biggest fears is heights so free falling off of a tall bridge or surface just sounds like my worst nightmare! I get scared when I am riding a ferris wheel and it gets to the top so I'm sure if I even got close to the height needed to bungee jump I would faint from fear.


7. What's your favorite cereal?

 I have a few favorites! My favorite cereal to eat from the box without milk (Don't judge me I know you all do it too) is probably Frosted Flakes or some sort of bad-for-you children's sugary cereal. My favorite cereal to eat with milk would probably be the Quaker Oatmeal Squares or Life.


8. What's the first thing you notice about people? 

The first thing I normally notice is what they are wearing. Since working at American Eagle for almost a year and a half I normally look to outfits first because I get asked style questions from customers all the time and I use what they are currently wearing to try and pick up style clues to point out items they may like.


9. What is your eye color? 

My eyes are green. It depends on the lighting and what I am wearing but most of the time they are a deep green but can sometimes go green/blue.


10. Scary movie or happy endings? 

I am a scaredy cat so I try and stay away from ANYTHING scary because I will psych myself out and end up not being able to sleep so definitely happy endings.


11. Favorite smells? 

I have so many favorite scents!! For perfume I would say I love Jessica Simpsons I Fancy You and for body sprays I am in love with American Eagle's Surf for Women. As far as body washes and lotions it depends on the season but most of my body washes are from Bath and Body Works!


12. Summer or winter? 

I am definitely more of a winter person. This is only because I live in the southern part of the U.S. and summers here are HOT and HUMID and my hair and body do not bode well in the heat. Here during the winter we experience calmer and cooler weather that many northern areas probably get in their spring time.


13. Computer or television?

 I would definitely say computer. Only because if there is a show I want to watch I can look it up on the channel's website and watch it from there. I also prefer to watch my favorite YouTubers over television shows any day. For a list of my favorite YouTubers of January you can look here


14. What's the furthest you've ever been from home? 

The furthest I have been from home would be NYC. I have been twice and the last time was two years ago this March actually and it was such a fun trip! I saw so many of my favorite Broadway shows and had a blast. Manhattan is definitely somewhere I aspire to one day reside!


15. Do you have any special talents? 

Yes! I think my most special talent would be singing/performing. I love to sing. I have sang ever since I was small and I have been fortunate enough to be able to perform in many shows when I was in college and also through community theaters in my area!


16. Where were you born? 

I was born in the port city of Alabama!


17. What are your hobbies? 

I have so many hobbies! I love to read books (real books not a nook or tablet) and I love to perform and sing. I love writing (hence the blog) and I love going to see movies. I also have a huge shopping addiction which I think of as a fashion hobby!


18. Do you have any pets? 

Yes! One, my Chi-Poo Snoopy. He is turning five years old this month and he is so so sassy and has the attitude of a bratty teenager! He can be loving and cute and cuddle you one minute and the next he can ignore you and want you to leave him alone!


19. Favorite movie? 

I have a lot of favorite movies but I really feel like I am a child a heart because most of my favorite movies are Disney. I think of a favorite movie as one you could watch over and over and never get tired of it and for me Disney movies are movies I would watch time and time again and never get bored.


20. Do you have any siblings?

 I do not have any siblings! I am an only child. When I was growing up I always asked for a brother or sister for any holiday or birthday but it never happened so I like to think of my friends as my siblings because friends are your chosen family anyway right?


21. What do you want to be when you grow up?

 I want to be on broadway. Whether it be in a traveling tour or in New York that is my dream to be a performer for a living!



Well, those are all the questions! If you enjoyed this tag and want to do it for yourself then I challenge you! I had a lot of fun answering these questions and I hope it gives you a better look into who I am!


xoxo Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment